The Prophetic Community of the Led By The Spirit Prophetic Voices
What is Community?
Psalm 133:1-3 AMP Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity. It is like the precious ointment poured on the head, that ran down on the beard, even the beard of Aaron the first high priest, that came down upon the collar and skirts of his garments consecrating the whole body. It is like the dew of lofty Mount Hermon and the dew that comes on the hills of Zion; for there the Lord has commanded the blessing, even life for evermore upon the high and the lowly.
Hebrews 10:25 AMP Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together as believers, as is the habit of some people, but admonishing, (warning, urging and encouraging) one another and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching.
The following definitions and descriptions of community and family have set the stage for and continue to shape the scope and function of the LBS School Prophetic Community.
Dictionary Definitions for Community
- A group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.
- A group, set, body, circle, clique, faction.
- A feeling of fellowship with others as a result of sharing common attitudes, interest and goals.
- A group having a common agenda, cause or interest who collaborate by sharing ideas and information.
Community is Also Family
Scripture lays out the Father’s plan as a loving parent for mankind to be one whole family. Mishpoucha in Hebrew means, family; conveying a warm feeling of friendship. It is a social unit including close and distant relatives. He first chose a small insignificant tribe, the Jews, to become the tent pole figure to eventually draw and reconcile all mankind to Himself through a redeeming Savior, His son, Messiah Jesus. Jews and Gentiles who believe in Messiah have become One in the Spirit, His eternal plan for one family is about to be fully manifested, finally bringing all tribes, tongues and nations together as one spiritual family, One new man, Ephesians 2:14-16.
New Covenant believers are living in the reality of an eternal, supernatural community and family who have been reconciled by blood to the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. The mandate and privilege to believers today is to come together now, in these days of grace, as a family, a congregation of the righteous, a community of the redeemed.
The Spirit of Community Observed
“Someone has said that if we take care of our vertical relationship with the Father, He will take care of our horizontal relationships with other people. That is a true statement; for are we not made in the Father’s image and is He not the fullness of love dwelling in perfect community? Yes, it is true! And as His sons and daughters, we are carriers of this heavenly reality – this Kingdom DNA. We need only let this reality out to transform the world around us into the wonderful and perfect creation it was originally intended to be! The gift of prophecy has been given to the Body and Bride of Christ so that we may have hope to see who we really are and to equip us to be all we are intended to be in our heavenly identity and purpose.
Relationship and community are presently messy, only because in this world they are in a state of transition. The reason it is inconvenient is because we do not see their hidden heavenly value as the Father sees them (like that delightful and pleasing oil). We need to see relationship and community from His perspective.” Kingdom Community, S.R.
The Spirit of Community Spiritualized
“The seeds of community reside in humanity – a social species – just as a gem originally resides in the earth. But it is not yet a gem, only a potential one. So, it is that geologists refer to a gem in the rough simply as a stone. A group becomes a community in somewhat the same way that a stone becomes a gem – through a process of cutting and polishing. Once cut and polished, it is something beautiful. But to describe its beauty, the best we can do is to describe its facets. Community, like a gem, is multifaceted, each facet a mere aspect of a whole that defies description.” The Different Drum: Community Making and Peace, M. Scott Peck, MD
LBS Prophetic Community Mission Statement: To be a led by the Spirit prophetic voice of excellence to this generation.
Origin and Founder: 1995 in Evergreen, Colorado. Jackie Jacobsen, Founder and Teacher.
Members: Students from the LBS School courses come from various Churches in the metro area of Denver, Colorado. Community membership qualifications require completing the LBS School 30 week Led by the Spirit discipleship course or a six, eight or ten-hour LBS Workshop. Since 2008, the local Church has anchored LBS School classes and prophetic ministry events. Presently, LBS School is active in three Churches; Colorado Church in Glendale, Colorado, Discover Community Church in Littleton, Colorado and Jubilee Fellowship Church in Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
Vision: A sanctified calling to be a community of trained prophetic voices who are led through active partnership with the Holy Spirit as a lifestyle, Galatians 5:16-18, Isaiah 11:2-5, Luke 4:18. The corporate and personal commitment of these prophetic voices is to be used to meet the spiritual needs of believers and unbelievers through of the gifts of the Spirit, I Corinthians 12, especially ministering the gift of prophecy as they are led, I Corinthians 14:3, Revelation 19:10.
Purposes: To provide an established and secure prophetic environment exemplifying scriptural order for prophetic voices to actively minister and continue to grow and mature spiritually. To currently hear what the Spirit is saying personally, to believers, leadership, to unbelievers, to towns, regions and nations as led by the Person of the Holy Spirit.
Our History and Challenge
The LBS students and prophetic ministry team has been developing into a prophetic community since 1995. Reflecting back, many of the adventures through the years could be described in the vernacular as the art and science of “herding cats!” Leadership has been very privy that it has been the LORD’s favor and blessing that has brought divine connections and friendships of many, many wonderfully peculiar and gifted believers to the LBS School through the years. It was not until the last several years that leadership connected the evolution of the classes and the prophetic ministry team with becoming an established and viable prophetic community.
Finally, after observing the lack and need for ministers and students to get more active in knowing each other personally and to become more cohesive as a group outside their ministry agenda, the need for community was acknowledged. Understanding has now come to the need for each person to understand the value of the internal, dynamic chemistry of a healthy prophetic community.
The greatest, personal propelling force for us to grow in community and become a formal community, however, has been the urgent and high calling of prophetic voices to help prepare themselves, other believers and unbelievers for the soon return of Messiah Jesus. With fresh prayerful pursuit of the calling and privilege to do our part as prophetic voices and as a prophetic community, the membership is being pressed to be focused, committed and ready to be used, serve and obey the leading of the Holy Spirit as these volatile days develop before our eyes.
We Need to Leave Our Current Preparation Stage – It is Time to Gird up Your Loins
The future adventures of the LBS Prophetic Community will be determined by how well we discern the current times and seasons, Matthew 16:3. Because of the urgency of the day, we cannot be comfortable with where we are. So far, we have been in the stage of getting comfortable with each other; our differences and our similarities. We must now become more and more intimate with the leading of the Person of the Holy Spirit. Making more significant strides in stronger perceiving skills, not being dominated by soul control and loving and serving the people more than ever, must be our great corporate and personal quest.
It is wisdom to know at this juncture of these end times, that our willingness to faithfully step unabashedly into the deeper realms of the supernatural realities will be tested more and more. We must single-mindedly work to mature and grow more into the image of Messiah Jesus. We must have more faith than to just believe nothing is impossible; we must, on purpose, pursue to hear, believe, trust and step forward into what is unseen…right now, every day. The LBSPV Ministry team has a calling to minister to this end time generation. We don’t have an option: We must hear what the Spirit is saying to His people and to the Church. We have been called for such a time as this.
It is time for each LBS prophetic voice and all believers to gird up their loins! Take time to look up these scriptures: I Peter 1:13, Luke 12:35, Ephesians 6:14, I Samuel 28:13.
The LBS Prophetic Voices Ministry Team at Work
The majority of the members, fluctuating from 35-45 ministers, formally minister personal prophetic ministry monthly to the local community and to believers who come from the front range area of Denver, Colorado. These minsters must complete the orientation and apprentice requirements to be part of the formal ministry team. Approximately one-third of the team come from a variety of local Churches. Many are active prophetic ministers in their own local Church.
Attendance and participation are required of the formal ministry team for five meetings spaced throughout a year for the purpose of fellowship, accountability and further training. Accountability for the active ministry team is fashioned after the “weigh and discern” principle of I Corinthians 14:5 AMP.
Several different forms of benevolent judging techniques are used to apply to each other’s prophetic ministry. LBS students who are not part of the formal ministry team are welcome to attend and be part of the fellowship and accountability meetings throughout the year.
Insights, Observations and Challenges of Our Prophetic Community
Without deliberate focus, we have already accomplished much of what a led by the Holy Spirit community should be and what a led by the Spirit community should do.
- Each of us knows that we are well equipped and empowered to be led by the Spirit.
- Each of us has been trained how to be led by the Holy Spirit as a lifestyle.
- Each of us knows it is a challenge to be led by the Spirit as a lifestyle; it is an ongoing process.
- We are well aware of when we are led by our flesh and when we are not in the Spirit.
- We accept the mandate to covet to prophesy and continue to grow in perceiving ability.
What Can Be Observed When We Minister Together
- We honor and are humbled to be given the privilege of ministering the testimony of Jesus through the gift of prophecy, Revelation 19:10b.
- We enter into the pure, supernatural setting of the Holy Spirit’s presence; we are One with Him.
- The diminishment of self, selfishness, self-centeredness and control is at its peak.
- We confidently minister words from of the Holy Spirit by listening, hearing and speaking forth.
- By reason of use, we prophetically grow each time we minister
- We are stimulated and grow through each other’s perceiving ability, gifts and calling.
- Good reports flow in abundance from the people who have a witness to the words given to them.
What Can Be Observed When We Meet for Fellowship
- There is a spirit of peace and love.
- There is an encouragement to lean into new things.
- There is enjoyment to see each other thrive in expressing talent and gifting.
- We appreciate the depths of each other’s perceptive ability.
- We like to eat together.
What Our Prophetic Community Needs to Work on and Believe the Lord For
- To have a consensus that our personal and corporate calling is to hear what the Spirit is saying at this time and hour.
- To be hungry and thirsty to be a part of today’s present Truth the Holy Spirit is speaking forth.
- To humbly know that the LORD has chosen us, the simple, to confound the mighty.
- To come to appreciate the whole community of who we are over our individuality.
- To passionately pursue wholeness and grow more; change when necessary, recover and heal.
- To wear no masks; no performing to be accepted.
- To feel free to express and be yourself.
- To be more vulnerable to express struggles and weaknesses.
- To keep a sane and honest estimate of personal strengths and weaknesses.
- To be faithful to the yearly commitment for ministry events, assignments and attendance.
- Correcting ministry weaknesses and mistakes quickly without stumbling.
- To expect to be prophetically used outside of the LBS Prophetic Community.
- To make corporate decisions if and when situations arise through agreement.
- To prepare being used to discern and be led by the Holy Spirit when life and shaking in the world gets rough.
What Our Prophetic Community Must Be Beware of
- We must not be become secular in our attitude or activities.
- We must not accept mediocrity in ourselves; we must continue to pursue excellence.
- We must not become divisive by being competitive.
- We must not become exclusive believing, “We are better than everyone else.”
- We are to be inclusive; we are only a part of a worldwide prophetic community to fulfill a prophetic mandate.
- We must learn how to be more than the sum of our parts.
Community Benediction – Romans 15:56
Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant us to be of the same mind with each another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord we may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.