Will the “Real You” Step Forward!
The “Real You,” Your Spirit Man, is Your Empowerment to Live the Christian Life
It is time to better understand, live out and mature in the spiritual empowerment of the new creation, your regenerated spirit man, the “real you.”
II CORINTHIANS 5:17 AMP Therefore if any person is (ingrafted) in Christ (the Messiah) He is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old (previous moral and spiritual condition) has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!
Who Is The “Real You?” Observe the three figures.
- Black figure with heart hole – Your unregenerated spirit before salvation. You were born on this earth spiritually stillborn – born to lose,Ephesians 2:1-3.
- Red figure – the “real you” – Your spirit in regeneration, Christ in you and you in Christ. The “real you” rules your life. Your old nature, the power of sin and the enemy are under your feet. This is what Romans 6-8 graphically and explicitly establishes.
- Red figure with black face and heart hole – As a believer, the carnal state of the unrenewed mind or soul control can willfully rule over the “real you.” Your understanding is clouded; your will is deceived. Your spiritual ears are unable to hear, the spiritual eye of your understanding is closed. Your mind, will, emotions are again incarcerated by your old nature. You have a 50-50 chance of choosing and acting like a believer.
A Graphic Picture of Regeneration and the Process of Salvation
All people are the Father’s supernatural offspring bearing His image, spirit, soul and body, Genesis 1, Acts 17:28. However, because of Adam’s sin, on the day of your birth, you were spiritually stillborn with an unregenerated spirit, Romans 5:12, I Corinthians 15:21. The unregenerated spirit is like being a Corvette or a Bentley with no engine. You look good, real good; you have wheels, but cannot go anywhere! The unregenerated spirit of man lives in a bottomless pit of ongoing darkness, decay, deception, failure, if not regenerated, it results in eternal death.
- Even though you were lost and “born to lose,” the Father planted eternity in your heart, Ecclesiastes 3:11 AMP. This yearning for eternity represents the hunger, thirst and ache of your languishing dead spirit to be alive, whole and thriving. The “old flesh man” is greatly flawed, but greatly loved. This heart hole, His mark and kiss of loving ownership of you, drives you to supernaturally respond, wooing you be reconciled to Him and to walk as One in Spirit and Truth with Him. Because He wants you to fully know Him, He pursues you.
- Mankind’s empty heart hole can only be filled and spiritually regenerated when a person accepts the redemptive work of Messiah Jesus’ stripes of punishment, Isaiah 53:5, for salvation.
- The root word, stripes, chabar, in Hebrew, means to unite, bind together, have fellowship, friendship. His stripes brought healing, rapha in Hebrew meaning, to mend, sew together. Messiah Jesus’ stripes, blood and death healed your dead spirit to receive His LIFE. You have been sewn and bonded together with Him!
- He legally wrought the release of the “real you” from the enemy, to be claimed by you (and all mankind), in the future at your salvation. Buddha, Allah, cults, the occult, good works, etc. are all incapable of supernaturally fulfilling what the One, true and living God who created man has spiritually engineered to accomplish…the redemption of mankind’s dead spirit.
- Mankind’s heart hole can only be satisfied when the Father completely restores and fills that needy, empty spiritual hole with His love. When you entered into your salvation, your dead spirit was reborn, raised, resurrected from the dead! Your heart hole was filled with overflowing with the Father’s perfect love! Can you see it? ___Y ___N
The “real you,” the solid red figure represents the born again you. It is complete in Christ; it has an eternal, supernatural empowerment to live in Spirit and Truth; your flesh is not spiritually empowered. The “real you” is the Father’s perfect, the premier and only supernatural tool on earth to bring His will and what is in heaven to earth. The resurrection of the dead spirit of man is the greatest fruit of creation in the universe.
- As a regenerated spirit man, Jesus’ spirit, blood and nature is infused into yours. You are One with Him. When the enemy looks at the “real you,” he only sees Jesus and who He is. The “real you,” is 100% LIGHT that blinds the eyes of demons!
- Spirit and Truth is reality. Only living faithfully in Spirit and Truth, can you please the Father and grow into the fullness of your new birth, Hebrews 11:6, John 4:24, 6:63. Because spiritual authority on earth and in heaven has been eternally wrought, sealed by the life, death, blood and resurrection of Messiah Jesus, physical death has no dominion over the “real you.” When your body dies, the “real you” goes to heaven. You are not your body!
- Even though regenerated in your spirit, when you willfully or ignorantly choose to continue to obey the patterns of your old nature, you live a carnal life based on your own fleshy brand of righteousness and pride. The “real you” wears the whole armor of God; your carnal self only “wears” the helmet of salvation. When you have a regenerated, supernatural spirit, but follow after the demands of your flesh…it grieves the Father…you stall and limit His plans for you. The hungry, unsatisfied heart hole gapes open to relentlessly drive you again, to accept the Father’s LIFE and love. The reality check: Full comprehension about the daily war between your flesh and your spirit must come.
Look again at the “real you,” the solid red figure. Why is the “real you” red? The “real you” is full of the efficacious blood of Messiah Jesus. His blood is divine access to a holy God. His sin-killing blood is the most noxious and lethal tool of authority and righteousness that exists in creation, Leviticus 17:11,14, John 6:53. His blood, full of His LIFE, has saturated you and has transformed your spirit. The “real you” has a divine connection and relationship with the power of Jesus blood, His death and His resurrection. The “real you” is sinless. You are perfect…in your spirit!
- When you choose to live and serve out of your spirit, the sinlessness of the “real you,” is empowered to rule over your unrenewed mind, destroying the power of the enemy, Revelation, 12:11. The impossible has been made possible! The challenge for you to see and understand is: The “real you” is united and made One in the Spirit with Messiah Jesus, I Corinthians 6:17. You have been regenerated to live in victory, favor and reward!
I CORINTHIANS 6:17 AMP But the person who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him. Do you perceive and believe this? ___Y ___N
- Your recreated spirit, the “real you,” is 100% pure spirit, sinless, righteous, secure, holy, powerful, wise, whole, healed, free, gifted and empowered with every necessary spiritual attribute for moving in supernatural life and godliness, II Peter 1:4. The eyes and ears of the “real you” are empowered to have legal, supernatural spiritual authority and power over your old, demonically driven nature that is constantly suppressing you.
- See the “real you” supernaturally empowered and standing with your flesh under your feet. Like Jesus, the “real you,” is not of this world, John 8:23! It is connected to the unseen realm of the Spirit, the revelation of the Spirit, the perception of the Spirit, the feelings of the Spirit and the language of the Spirit. The “real you” can “fly” in the Spirit, Isaiah 40:31!
- As you live out your life, choosing your sinless, “real you,” spirit and your flesh to be led by the Holy Spirit, you are an overcomer. Wholeness, freedom and victory become your lifestyle, even in the throes of constant difficulty in your life. There is great reward for overcoming believers for carrying and holding the old nature in control, Revelation 2-3!
The “Real You” is Connected to the Realm of the Spirit – You Are Not of This World
Jesus was aglow and burning with the Spirit…so is the “real you,” Romans 12:11! When the Father looks at you, when the enemy looks at you, they see the “real you” without spot or wrinkle. When you choose to live out of your spirit man, the “real you” and be led by the Holy Spirit, the enemy is forced to flee! You are empowered to walk in the nature and complete works of Messiah Jesus. It is the “real you” being led and walking in the fullness of the Holy Spirit” who is destined to be as Jesus was on this earth, I John 4:17b.
- To help cement your pivotal, eternal change of your spiritual status at salvation, see and perceive what happened in the Spirit realm for you. The Father’s Gavel, in His Spiritual Supreme Court, has slammed down to legally seal the finished work of His Messiah’s blood, death and resurrection. The power to own you was instantly and divinely switched from Satan’s legal right to own you, to the legal right of the One, True and Living God to own you, Romans 8:1-17. The legal power of sin in your life (not the presence of sin in the earth) was totally eradicated by the life-giving power of Jesus’ efficacious Covenant blood. For the rest of your life, you have the privilege and responsibility to acknowledge and enforce your personal, spiritual resurrection with Him, Colossians 2:11-12, Ephesians 2:5-6.
Have you been living in the values of the flesh so long, that your spirit man has taken the lower level? ___Y ___N
Are you ready to stop allowing your old nature to rule over the “real you?” ___Y ___N
You Have Been Born to Win!
IT IS TIME THE PERFECT, BEAUTIFUL “REAL YOU” TO STEP FORWARD!
Only a regenerated, led by the Holy Spirit, supernatural spirit man can live out the privileges of the New Covenant. When you choose and commit to accept the love and life the Father is offering you, you are allowing your spirit, the “real you,” to stand up, overcome and rule over the other two figures of failure. Are you living below the privileges of the New Covenant? Are you following after the flesh or are you allowing the “real you,” your spirit, to rule?
Formally Pronounce Changing of the Place of Your Residence – From Flesh to Spirit
You will never experience a greater change or victory than when you formally proclaim and manifest the change of your nature from flesh to spirit! Get ready to proclaim and manifest the change of your nature from flesh to spirit! God’s reconciling and restorative plan has created a way for His Spirit and your spirit to have an intimate, thriving spiritual relationship. In these decaying, decadent days of the end times we are living in, peace, wholeness, freedom and power can only be possible when the “real you” militantly stands over your unruly flesh.
We are the only creatures on the earth who get to choose who we are! Solidify your waffling spiritual residence, John 6:63,17:22-23, Romans 8:16, 29-30, II Corinthians 4:16, 5:16-18, Ephesians 4:17-25, Colossians 3:8-10.
Declaring, “the real me is my spirit” is where you need to begin. Living in your spirit, the “real you,” must be “home base” for you, instead of constantly shifting from your flesh to your spirit and your spirit to your flesh. As a believer, it is time to formally proclaim the process of putting the “real you” in place over the demands of your unruly mind and body. Only then can one put being led by the Spirit as a lifestyle into practice. Are you ready to choose to permanently move from your old nature to your new nature?
Formally Proclaim the “Real You” to Take its Rightful Position in Your Life
It is time to stop living with your mind and body ruling over your recreated spirit, the “real you! It is time to permanently change your residence! It is time for the “real you” to take its rightful position in your life. Wholeness, freedom and peace become your everyday lifestyle, even in the throes of the constant difficulties of this life, only when the “real you” resides and stands over your flesh. It begins by formally and permanently proclaiming the exchange of your spiritual residence, from the heavy coat of flesh to your perfect spirit from this day forward. Proclaim out loud:
EPHESIANS 4:22-25a AMP (Paraphrased in the first person) I strip myself of my former nature (I put off and discard my old unrenewed self) which characterized my previous manner of life that becomes corrupt through my lusts and desires springing from delusion; I will be constantly renewed in the spirit of my mind (I will have a fresh mental and spiritual attitude), and I put on my new nature (my regenerated self) crated in God’s image, (Godlike) in true righteousness and holiness. therefore, I reject all falsity and I am done with it.
Continue to Proclaim: Father, empowered by the blood and victory of Messiah Jesus, You have given me a recreated spirit making me a new creation – I acknowledge that most important part of me is my recreated spirit, not my body, mind, will or emotions. The “real me” is my spirit. My body, mind, will and emotions are not to rule over the “real me.” I now understand that when I choose to be in my perfect, sinless spirit, I am secure, sealed and significant; I am not broken, I am whole. I proclaim before You Father and these witnesses that I choose to live in the Spirit, as One with Messiah Jesus, out of my recreated spirit the “real me,” with my unruly flesh always under my feet. I choose to put off my old nature. I choose to put on my new nature. Like Jesus, the “real me” is not of this world. Holy Spirit, I turn to You to lead the “real me” and my flesh permanently, from this day forward. In the Name of Jesus, Amen.
Date of My Permanent Change________________20___ From My Flesh to the “Real Me”
It Will Take Courage to Grow Up and Be Who You Really Are – A Spirit-Man Like Jesus
Hideously, Satan’s power is still able to rule you…if you choose to return to living out of your old nature. In your spirit, you are empowered to be free from the sin of soul/mind/body control, insecurity, deception, weakness, sin, lies, anger, fears, woundedness and hate. Being in Christ and in your spirit, will ruin you for sinning. Where there is no sin, Satan has no power! (A definition of sin; feelings and actions fueled by your disobedient will).
The good news is that even when you are physically and mentally weak, the “real you” is alive, righteous, strong and always obedient! Therefore, STAND FAST, spirit man up, Matthew 26:41, Galatians 5:1! As a faithful believer, you must keep on proclaiming who you are in the Spirit and habitually choose to live out of your spirit. When you do, you are lovingly and legally using Jesus’ divine empowerment in you to live and walk in the Spirit just as He did, I John 4:17b.
- Like Jesus, you are to be holy, walk in love and live and serve in the supernatural realm of the Kingdom of God. You can because you choose the desires of your fleshly mind, will and emotions to be under the feet of the “real you.”
- You are free to be led by and in 1-1 partnership with the Holy Spirit always hearing His voice; constantly manifesting good works, to be led by Him to pray fervently and effectively and ministering through any of the nine fruit and gifts of the Spirit,
- You are empowered to live victoriously in an unfair, deceitful, cruel, evil and faithless society, growing in humility, integrity and having godly zeal with wisdom like Jesus.
- You are invited and expected to live and serve out the mandate of a role(s) or calling for which He has gifted you, using all the supernatural jewels of the New Testament given to you to live a life of godliness. You are “bejeweled” aren’t you!
- See yourself equally yoked with Jesus, doing His continuing good works with Him next to you, Ephesians 2:10. Being equally yoked is another way of describing being One in the Spirit with Him and doing nothing of yourself, but only what you are told to say and do by Him, who amazingly is in the yoke beside you! Living Spirit to spirit with Him, causes your burdens to be light because you refuse the yokes of self, man or institution, Matthew 11: 28-30. Apart from Him, you cannot emulate Him as He was.
In the Spirit, the “Real you” Almost All the Time – A Realistic Goal
A reality check: Although Jesus did not have a sin nature, He was subject to every temptation to commit sin like you. You, however, have the constant propensity to give in to the fleshly pull of your inherited sin nature, which will be with you, like your shadow, until the day you die. Supernaturally empowered like Jesus was…as you are…do you think you are able to choose to live out of your spirit, denying your flesh to rule ALMOST ALL THE TIME? Yes! You are well able! The man Jesus is your flesh and blood, eternal role model. Learning to get out of your flesh and into your spirit is not hard! You just need practice!
It is Time to Practice…How Fast Can You Go from Your Flesh to Your Spirit?
Have you ever done the impossible? Of course, you have. You have forgiven, achieved, obeyed and loved the unlovely many, many times! Was it flesh or spirit? It was the “real you,” your spirit, being led by the Spirit, not your flesh! Do you live the Christian life being led by the Spirit all the time? Probably not. The Truth is: You are empowered to be led by the Spirit as a lifestyle this very moment. Your sinless spirit is powerful; it has the authority to reckon death to your fleshly desires and the power of the old nature with a snap of your fingers! An exercise to show yourself how quickly you are able to choose and exert either your flesh or your spirit:
- The question is: How fast can you go from your flesh to your spirit? First, on purpose, think “in your flesh”…think a fleshly thought, then snap your fingers. Stop it.
- Now, on purpose, think “in your spirit.” See the resurrected Jesus standing in front of you, smiling at you. Snap your fingers. Stop. Again, think “in your flesh.”
Isn’t it amazing that as fast as snapping your fingers, you can you go from your flesh to your spirit Disgustingly, it is as fast to go from your spirit to your flesh! You are an amazing supernatural creature with a powerful, authoritative will! You can choose how long you stay in your flesh, right? You always have a choice to be in your spirit, don’t you? Again, how fast can you go from your flesh to your spirit?
The Truth is: You are empowered to be in your spirit, the “real you” almost all the time, aren’t you? ___Y ___N You are a professional at being in your flesh, but not a professional yet at being in your spirit, the “real you.” ___Y ___N Make an observation: What is the ratio you lived out of your fleshly nature today, versus out of your recreated “real you” spirit? 80/20___ 60/40?___ 50/50?____ Other?_____
Reality Check: Prepare yourself, part of you is always going to complain!
- Obedience to live in your spirit, the “real you” brings distress and suffering. Why? Answer: Because when you choose and exert spirit over flesh, your flesh feels distressed.
- Disobedience and choosing flesh over the “real you,” brings distress and suffering. Why? Answer: Because when you choose to exert flesh over spirit, your spirit feels distressed.
Only a regenerated, supernatural spirit man can live out the privileges of the New Covenant. Can you see this? When you choose and commit to accept the love and life the Father is offering you through His Son, you are allowing your spirit, the “real you,” to stand up, overcome and rule over the other two figures of fleshly failure. You know what that feels like, don’t you?
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
- How do you want to live; flesh feeling distressed? ___Your spirit feeling distressed___
- Are you perfect? ____Yes ____ No If you mark No, you only see yourself in the flesh.
- What part of you is a perfect new creation?_______________________________________
- Is your soul (mind, will, emotions) perfect? ___Y ___N
- When you are in your perfect spirit and led by the Spirit, what is possible?__________
- When you are in your perfect spirit and led by the Spirit what is impossible?_________
QUESTIONS TO SETTLE
- Your regenerated spirit cannot be in the flesh. It is impossible because it is sinless. Can you see it?___Y ___N
- The “real you” can only walk according to the Spirit, Romans 8:1,4. ___Y ___N
- The “real you” always wants to do what Jesus wants. Can you see it? ___Y ___N
- When you choose to open the door to gratify your flesh, you resurrect your old nature, giving it permission to rule over the “real you.” Can you see this? ___Y ___N
- When you are in your spirit, what happens to your runaway emotions?___________________
- Is it time for you to rethink possible? ___Y ___N
Who You Were Was Put to Death and You Have Been Resurrected from the Dead
God’s reconciling and restorative plan has created a way for His Spirit and your spirit to have an intimate, thriving 1-1 intimate, spiritual relationship. To become One with you, the ruling power of your old nature to continually sin was destroyed, put to death, by the life-giving power of Jesus’ blood. Fill in the blank below with your name.
I Corinthians 6:17 AMP Paraphrased in the first person, says, “But I___________ who is united to the Lord is One spirit with Him.”
The death of your old nature and now being One in spirit with Jesus is enforced by acknowledgment of your personal, spiritual resurrection from the dead with Him. Write out the following scriptures.
It is Time for the “Real You” to Step Forward
Do you now, fully acknowledge being personally and spiritually resurrected?___Y ___N We are the only creatures on the earth who get to choose who we are. Declaring “the real me is my spirit and not my flesh,” is the privilege of N.T. believers. Living in your spirit, the “real you,” should be “home base” for you. Are you ready to formally ignite the process of being led by the Spirit as a lifestyle? Are you ready for the resurrected “real you” to permanently rule over your sin nature?
Proclaim out loud: The “real me” is stepping forward to rule! My old nature is under my feet. I again acknowledge that the most important part of me is my recreated spirit, not my body, mind, will or emotions. My body, mind, will and emotions are not the “real me.” I rest, knowing the “real me” is my spirit. It is through the “real me” that I can worship You in Spirit and Truth. I now see that the “real me,” my redeemed spirit, is supernaturally empowered and contains everything that pertains to life and godliness. I proclaim before You Lord and these witnesses that I choose to live in Christ, One in spirit with Him, out of my, recreated, resurrected, bejeweled spirit, the “real me.” Today, I choose not live life out of my flesh. In my spirit, I am free, whole and healed. Holy Spirit, lead me and my flesh permanently – all the days of my life. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.
Date of My Initial Salvation Experience ___________________________I Was Born Again
Date of My Permanent Change________________20___ From My Flesh to the “Real Me”
Congratulations! Because of what Messiah Jesus has done, the power to fully own you has switched from Satan’s former, legal right to dominate you, to the higher, legal right of the One, True and Living God to fully own and lead you. You have proclaimed that the power source has been changed, Romans 8:8ff! Be warned however…hideously, Satan’s power is still able to infiltrate you when you forget who you are in the Spirit. You must habitually choose to live out of your bejeweled, recreated spirit. Your calling as a believer is to constantly pull into your soul, your mind, will and emotions, the vast supernatural empowerment of what has been authoritatively placed in your spirit. Understanding these principles will make Romans 6-8 your testimony.
When you constantly choose to live in your bejeweled spirit, the ”real you,” releases the empowerment for you to be as Jesus, the Son of man, was on this earth. He constantly lived out of His spirit. He constantly had to choose His Father’s will over His own. He constantly had to exert His spirit over His flesh. Believers must follow Jesus’ example. He is asking you and expecting you to follow His spiritual and human example to live as a true believer on this earth.
Crucifying your flesh daily and being led by the Spirit will make you as strong as you need to be to live a difficult life on this earth. Going the way of the Cross and wanting to be Jesus’ Disciple is the key, John 8:31-36. You must learn to constantly train yourself to exert your spirit, “the real you,” over your fleshly will. When you exert the “real you,” to rule you can expect:
- To be free from soul/mind/body control, insecurity, weakness, sin, lies, anger, fears, woundedness and hate. Being in Christ, in your spirit, ruins you for sinning. Where there is no sin, Satan has no power! Only sin can keep you from your destiny.
- To live victoriously in an unfair, deceitful, cruel, evil and faithless society; being able to be holy, walk in love by continually being led by the Spirit and being spiritually empowered to not gratify the desires of your flesh.
- To be in 1-1 partnership with the Holy Spirit; hearing His voice; ministering through the fruit and gifts of the Spirit. Being One and equally yoked with Jesus to do His continuing good works, Ephesians 2:10.
- To grow in accountability, humility and to have zeal with wisdom like Jesus. To be a led by the Spirit praying person who prays fervently and effectively.
- To live out the mandate of a role or calling for which He has gifted you, using all the jewels of the New Testament given to you to live a life of godliness.
Living Spirit to spirit to cause your burdens to be light because you refuse the yoke of self, man or institution, Matthew 11:28-30. Being equally yoked is another way of describing being One in Christ and doing nothing of yourself, but only what you are told to say and do by the Good Shepherd Himself. Rest and peace from burdens only become full and genuine in His yoke.
The Bejeweled “Real You” Has Everything That Pertains to Life and Godliness Now
You need to better understand what you have and who you are just by being an in-Christ believer. Look closer at II Peter 1:4. It states that you are empowered to live the Christian life just like the Word of God describes it, because you have been uniquely and fully empowered. You have everything, even if you don’t feel like you have.
YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN ALL THINGS THAT PERTAIN TO LIFE AND GODLINESS
II PETER 1: 3-4 KJV According as His divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him that hath called us to glory and virtue; whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises; that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Can you believe this scripture? It’s true! You have been given everything, everything, right now, that pertains to life and godliness. If, and when you did believe and could see that you have been given everything that pertains to life and godliness, how do you think it would change your life? “Life is hard and then you die,” is not what the Lord wants to hear from us. It is time to see, believe and apply this Truth.
- You are but a clay pot…but the Father has deposited His excessive and extravagant treasures, the jewels of the New Covenant, the keys to the Kingdom of God, into your recreated spirit, Ephesians 1:3-6, so that the excellency of the power may be of God and not of yourself, II Corinthians 4:7. Jewels are tools of the presence of His grace to release His supernatural ability placed in you.
Picture a mass of beautiful jewels and a clay pot – This visual aid can show you how you can literally live out this scripture. Hopefully, it will help remove the veil over your eyes keeping you from living in its fullness, II Corinthians 3:16-18. The demo players: The mass of jewels of the New Covenant, you, the clay pot and the world’s counterfeit jewels.
II CORINTHIANS 4:7 AMP However, we possess this precious treasure, (the divine light of the gospel) in frail, human) vessels of earth that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves.
- The mass of jewels, precious treasure, represent the groups of theological and spiritual endowments of what was wrought from the work of Jesus’ life, death on the Cross and His resurrection. Isaiah 54:11-12 paints a bejeweled picture of what has now been placed in every N.T. believer. These supernatural jewels are loaded packages to be opened and used. The Hebrew word for jewels, segullah, is in Malachi 3:17. In Genesis 12, Abraham’s seed is the same word, segullah!
- All the jewels bound together make up the spiritual fabric of your recreated spirit, the “real you.” It is a literal image of the you being in Christ and the treasure of Christ being in you. Your spirit is bejeweled with the spiritual glory of Jesus’ image.
Is it still hard to believe that you are bejeweled with all that pertains to life and godliness right now? Focus on the AMP version.
II PETER 1:3-4 AMP Emphasis added For His divine power has bestowed upon us all things that (are requisite and suited) to life and godliness, through the (full,personal) knowledge of Him who has called us by and to His own glory and excellence (virtue). By means of these He has bestowed on us His precious and exceedingly great promises, so that through them you may escape (by flight) from the moral decay (rottenness and corruption) that is in the world because of covetousness (lust and greed), and become sharers (partakers) of the divine nature.
The Truth to accept and live out: You are equipped to live a victorious life just like Jesus, II Peter 1:3-4. The “real you,” your recreated spirit, is armed and dangerous! You, right now, are amazingly and supernaturally empowered. In your lifetime, you are well able to be conformed into Jesus’ very own image in ever increasing splendor, one degree of glory to another, II Corinthians 3:16-18, 7:1. You are owned, treasured and complete in Him. It is time to believe and step into who you fully are in the Spirit!
The World has "jewels" - The Counterfeit Version of Significance and Success
Consider the counterfeit version of an ill-equipped vessel that keeps believers caught in the power of the world, flesh and the devil.
- The worldly standards that drive every tribe, tongue and nation to succeed…pride, power and lust. Can you see its infiltration into your own life? ___Y ___N
- The force and demands of our ancestry and culture tying us to the bondage of formula and tradition. Can you see this in your own life? ___Y ___N
- National history; success or failure in conflict, the force to excel and thrive of the “American Dream” or any Nation’s “Dream.” Can you see this in your own life? ___Y ___N
These worldly, twisted belief systems of mankind are based on:
- Watered down or heretical interpretations of the Word of God.
- Misunderstanding of the nature of God and the results of being ruled and mistreated by our leaders and fellowman.
The following list are the endowments of grace that Messiah Jesus, the Son of Man and the Son of God authoritatively carried in His spirit, mind, mouth and hand for mankind. These jewels of the New Covenant are supernatural spiritual endowments given to every believer who becomes a regenerated spirit man. As a true believer, this is your personal endowment, your earthly inheritance given to be as Jesus was in this world, an overcomer who can live empowered because of His victory and authority working through you. The mass of supernatural jewels of the New Covenant are placed into you, a mere clay pot.
Jewels Placed in Your Spirit: Jewels of Theological Precepts – Perceive them in you!
- Created in the image of God, Genesis 1:26-27; eternal relationship through the Father’s eternal Covenants. John 6:54-58
- Blood atonement – Past, present and future sins are taken up by the efficacious blood of Messiah Jesus. Ephesians 1:7
- Imputed righteousness of Messiah Jesus. II Corinthians 5:21
- Regeneration – Your dead spirit is born again from above; the “real you” is your sinless, perfect spirit. I Peter 1:23
- Reconciliation to the Father. II Corinthians 5:18
- Escape from judgment. I Corinthians 1:8, Galatians 3:13, Romans 1:16 Romans 4:24-25, Romans 5:18
- Adoption as sons. 1:5, Galatians 4:6-7
- Joint heir of Messiah Jesus’ inheritance. Romans 8:17
- Seated in heavenly places with Messiah Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-7
- Christ in your spirit; your spirit in Christ. Colossians 1:27, John 6:56
- Stamped with the seal of the Holy Spirit. 1:13
Jewels Placed in Your Spirit: Jewels to be a Partaker of Jesus’ Divine Nature to Escape the World’s Lust and Corruption Via Full, Personal Knowledge of Him – Can you perceive them in you?
- Power of Messiah Jesus’ resurrection from the dead – Your spirit the “real you” is the resurrected part of you. I Peter 1:3-4
- River of Living Water – The supernatural LIFE of God flowing out of your innermost being, your spirit. John 7:38
- The presence of the Glory of the Lord Jesus is changing you into His image. II Corinthians 3:18
- The peace of Jesus – “My peace I leave with you and give to you…I am coming back.” John 14:27, Luke 2:14
- Discipleship, friendship and co-worker relationship with Messiah Jesus. Matthew 11:28-29
- The mind of Christ, Isaiah 11:2; Spirit, wisdom, understanding, counsel, might, knowledge and fear of the Lord. I Cor. 2:16
- One on one spiritual union and working partnership with the Person of the Holy Spirit. I Corinthians 6:17, Acts 1:8a
- Measure of faith to hear, step forward and speak forth. Romans 10:17, John 8:47b, 10:4-5, Mark 4:23-26 AMP
- Ability to perceive, hear and see into the unseen realm of the Spirit. Matthew 10:19-20, I Corinthians 2:10-13, I John 5:6b-8
- Permanent anointing placed in your spirit for service. I John 2:20, 27 AMP, Luke 4:18
- The Father’s perfect love to drive out fear releasing power, love and a sound mind. II Timothy 1:7
- Power from the Person of the Holy Spirit, Acts 1:8, II Timothy 1:7;
- Power and authority to overcome the enemy. Mark 16:17
- Power to forgive. Matthew 9:6
- Humility of Messiah Jesus to exert power over pride. James 4:10
- Nine fruits of the Holy Spirit – Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness and self-control, evidence of being led by the Spirit; manifestations of the nature of the Person of the Holy Spirit. Galatians 5:22-24
- The spiritual armor of God– The belt of Truth, breastplate of righteousness, shield of faith, helmet of salvation, the sword of the Word of God, the gospel of peace on your feet and praying in the Spirit. Ephesians 6:13-18
- Sanctification – Being holy, set apart and completely owned by God. Ephesians 1:4
- Glory – From glory to glory we are changed into the same image of the glory of the Lord. II Corinthians 3:18; Christ in you the hope of glory. Colossians 1:27
Jewels Given to be Placed in Your Mouth and Hand to Serve and Speak: Jewels to Live as an Overcomer and Ministering Servant – Can you perceive them in you?
- The Bible, the logos, the infallible and inerrant written Word to read and study. II Timothy 3:16
- Bread and wine for the continuous cleansing of sin via the body and efficacious blood of Messiah Jesus. Matthew 26:26-28
- A lifetime of good works prepared for you from before the foundation of the world. Ephesians 2:10
- Specific foundational gifts of prophecy, serving, teaching, exhortation, administration, giving or mercy are given to be the basis and direction of your servanthood. Romans 12:6-8
- Calling in God-given areas of expertise to do the work of the ministry at home, work, Church and in nations. I Peter 4:10
- Calling to be a minister of reconciliation given to all believers. II Corinthians 5:18
- Calling to serve as a New Covenant Priest to mankind under Jesus, the High Priest. I Peter 2:9, Revelation 1:6
- Equipping gifts of full-time ministry given to some to lead – Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher. Ephesians 4:11
- Nine gifts of the Spirit – Wisdom, knowledge, faith, healing, miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, tongues and interpretation of tongues to be used by all believers as the Holy Spirit wills. I Corinthians 12
- Fellowship and receiving ministry with/from believers, Hebrews 10:24, I Thessalonians 5:11, Galatians 6:2, James 5:16
- Worship, singing and dancing, Psalm 149:1, 96:8, 99:5, 100:1-2; Psalm 149:3, Ecclesiastes 3:4, Exodus 15:50, II Samuel 6:14 Jeremiah 31:4,13
- Words of testimony of how you have overcome the enemy and your uncompromising stand to believe. Revelation 12:11
You have it all…you lack nothing…except perhaps the practical application of this Truth. It is time you believe and receive what the Father has already given to you – all that pertains to life and godliness! He has deposited in you all that is required to be a partaker of the divine nature of Jesus. You have what it takes to escape the corruption that saturates the world…just like Jesus! These supernatural jewels are available NOW, not later. Later there will be no mercy to receive this vast treasure.
- The “real you,” is armed and dangerous, not naked, broken or an orphan! Your time on this earth is not supposed to be lived out of a brown paper bag in your flesh!
You Being in Christ is THE Ultimate – Owning Everything the Father Has to Give
The glory of New Covenant is about you being in Christ, immersed with His supernatural jewels…the manifestation of His love. All there is to be empowered with His divine love, your spirit man, the “real you” owns. You have a divine love relationship of being a “bejeweled” believer. Live in this spiritual reality! If anyone says there is more in this life – they are wrong! Complete genuine peace, identity, love, security, order, significance, freedom, joy and contentment are found only in Messiah Jesus. For the true believer, everything, everything is all about Jesus.
The pinnacle of being a spirit man and not a flesh man is described by Jesus in John 17. Jesus is in you; you are in Him and you are One with the Father. Note: You have already drawn on and used many, many of these jewels for yourself, but have you received everything, all, all, of the jewels that pertains to life and godliness? His jewels in you are elements for holiness and empowerment to be perfected in you, II Corinthians 7:1. It is time to use them!
Pray: Jesus, I have had a veil over my eyes, I have not been able to fully see who I am in You. I admit my ignorance and I confess any, and all, of my unbelief about my value and significance on this earth. Lord Jesus, I choose to look at You face to face and see the splendor of Your glory. I can now humbly acknowledge that the “real me, my recreated spirit, is bejeweled with that same glory. I now understand and can see that I am very precious in Your sight. I believe I am empowered to be an overcomer on this earth because You have given me everything that pertains to life and godliness. I perceive, see and believe, I am amazingly armed and dangerous to the enemy! I believe I am supernaturally bejeweled. I believe I am owned, treasured, whole and complete, right now and forever! Use me to serve others through your gracious and glorious empowerment in me. I proclaim Proverbs 31:25, “I am clothed in strength and dignity and can laugh at the future!” Amen!
Jesus’ Amazing Human Example…Believers Can and Must Follow His Human Example
You can and must follow Jesus’ example. He is asking you and expecting you to follow His human, spiritual example to live a true believer’s life on this earth. Emulating how Jesus, the Son of man, lived His life on this earth is the only way you will ever be able to be an overcomer. How you see and know Him is critical. Some want Jesus to be more man; others want Him to be more God. You must constantly worship and serve Jesus, the Risen One, who is seated on the right hand of the Father where He is now, but to live the victorious Christian life you must imitate Jesus, the human being, the Lamb who walked the earth. You have been birthed, “bejeweled” and fully empowered to be as Jesus, the man, not Jesus, the Messiah.
- The Son of God you are not, but you are a son of man, as Jesus was. When you separate Jesus’ two roles, you can then give Him the greatest honor and glory in both realms.
- As a man, He had a calling and empowerment to be the Messiah. You are called and empowered to be as Jesus was in ministry, servitude and humility through your personal gifting and calling He has given you to accomplish during your life on this earth.
- You need to fully understand how Jesus, the Son of Man, lived His first thirty years and His last three years of miracles, signs and wonders: Apart from the Father, Jesus, the human son of man, did nothing. With on purpose, sacrificial humility, He did not please Himself; zeal for His Father’s heart consumed Him.
JOHN 5:19 NKJV Most assuredly, I say to you, the son can do nothing of himself, but what he sees the Father do; for whatever He dies, the son does in like manner.
JOHN 12:49 NKJV For I have not spoken on my own authority; but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should say and what is should speak.
Read John 15:9-10 out loud. What was the driving force for Jesus to not sin?______
Jesus was human, a son of man with a perfect, living spirit; you are human, a son of man with a regenerated, perfect, living spirit, hence, as He is so are you in this world, I Corinthians 3:9, II Corinthians 5:20, 6:1. (Jesus did not have a sin nature, but like you, over and over, He was tempted to not obey and sin). Jesus, being both human and having a divine nature, was not of this world. Can you say, “I am not of this world” now, John 8:23? ___Y ___N
You are More Like Jesus Than You Think…If Jesus Did It, You Can Do It – Romans 8:29
- Your spiritual destiny is to be conformed into Jesus’ image by being led by the Spirit and being as Jesus was on this earth, completely living out of your spirit. The right attitude to have about living the Christian life is: “If Jesus did it, I can do it” Philippians 4:13 and “Whatever happens to Jesus happens to me.” It is the Father’s plan for you to live in your spirit as Jesus did and do the same work as He did. You will never do the greater things until you live spiritually like Jesus – allowing divine, delegated authority to lead you.
- You are empowered, right now, to surrender as He surrendered, walk as He walked, talk as He talked, believe like He believed, serve as He served, be obedient as He was obedient and be humble as He was humble on this earth. This is the way you are to live your life as well; surrendered, empty, stripped and constantly stooping, submitting yourself to be obedient to the Father, Messiah Jesus, the Holy Spirit and serving your fellow man. Constantly compelled by His passionate love of His Father, Jesus constantly obeyed by saying over and over, “Not my will, not my will, not my will.”
Jesus Is Saying to You Now: Follow Me, Cleave Steadfastly to Me, Conform Wholly to My Example in Living and If Need Be, in Dying – Luke 9:23
I JOHN 2:6 AMP Whoever says he abides in Him ought (as a personal debt) to walk and conduct himself in the same way in which He walked and conducted Himself.
MATTHEW 11:29-30 AMP Take my yoke upon you and learn of me, for i am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls. For my yoke is wholesome (useful, good – not harsh, hard, sharp, or pressing, but comfortable, gracious, and pleasant), and my burden is light and easy to be borne.
Jesus Is Telling You: Take Up Your Cross and Conform to His Example
MATTHEW 16:24-26a AMP Then Jesus said to his disciples, if anyone desires to be my disciple, let him deny himself (disregard, lose sight of and forget himself and his own interests) and take up his cross and follow me (cleave steadfastly to me, conform wholly to my example in living and, if need be, in dying, also). For whoever is bent on saving his(temporal) life, (his comfort and security here) for my sake shall find it (life everlasting). For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life (his blessed life in the kingdom of God)?
Dying and taking up your Cross means you are choosing to lay down your fleshly self and live in your spirit. Living in the spirit, the “real you” will produce LIFE. This is how you are to live in an unfair, perverse generation. Crucifying your flesh daily and being led by the Spirit will make you as strong as you need to be to live a difficult life on this earth. Going the way of the Cross and wanting to be Jesus’ Disciple is the key, John 8:31-36. You must learn to constantly exert your spirit, “the real you,” over your fleshly will
QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
- In flesh and unbelief – you think; you hope, but you don’t know for sure ___T ___F In Spirit and Truth – you know that you know, that you know ___T ___F
- Being spirit to spirit ignites passion and intimacy ___T ___F Being led by the spirit releases you to be as Jesus was on this earth ___T ___F
- On this earth, what is more powerful than your recreated spirit being led by the Holy Spirit? Your fears? ___ Demonic powers? ___ Whatever your passions are? ___ Is your human will? __Weapons of mass destruction? ___ Nothing! ___
- Be honest with yourself. What are the two main issues in your personal life that have been keeping you from being free, whole and healed? Acts of my flesh___ Ignorance of Truth___ Unbelief of Truth___ Love of the world___ Fleshly acts of man and institution___ Honestly, all of these___
- If you understood and lived out of the power placed in you, you would never be afraid of God, anything, anyone, any demon, any challenge, any temptation. ___T ___F
- God says, “Enjoy today. You are complete in Christ.” Do you live this way? __Y __N
“REAL YOU” INSIGHTS TO ENGAGE AND LIVE OUT
A Training Assignment
Are you struggling with stepping into the practically applying the challenges of these lessons? Go back and speak the proclamations out loud again. Faith will come by hearing yourself speaking Truth out loud!
- In flesh and unbelief – you think; you hope, but you don’t know for sure ___T ___F In spirit and Truth – you know that you know, that you know ___T ___F
- Being spirit to spirit ignites passion and intimacy ___T ___F Being led by the spirit releases you to be as Jesus was on this earth ___T ___F
- On this earth, what is more powerful than the “real you” being led by the Holy Spirit? Your fleshly fears? ___ Demonic powers? ___ Whatever your passions are? ___ Is your fleshly will? ___ Weapons of mass destruction? ___ Nothing! ___
- Be honest with yourself. What are the two main issues in your personal life that have been keeping the “real you” from being free, whole and healed? Acts of my flesh___ My past___ Ignorance of Truth___ Unbelief of Truth___ Love of the world___ Fleshly acts of man and institution___ Honestly, all of these___
- If you understood and lived out of the power placed in you, you would never be afraid of God, anything, anyone, any demon, any challenge, any temptation. ___T ___F
To Do For a Week – Exert Your Spirit Exercise – This is an ongoing, lifetime skill to master!
- Exerting or sowing to your spirit man over your flesh, Galatians 6:8, is a basic skill that needs to be mastered. Your willful conscience is connected to both the Spirit realm and the fleshly worldly realm. This ongoing, exercise trains and strengthens you to separate the two, choosing with righteous conviction of the “real you,” to choose the way of the Spirit.
- Exert means: Put into vigorous action…Snap your fingers to exert your will to obey.
- Put forth ability, strength…Exert your perfect spirit, the “real you” to rule.
- To stretch out, join, unite…You are One with Jesus on the path of righteousness.
The scene: Every activity and challenge in your daily life this week; as each moment comes that you must respond and speak from your spirit, choose to not exert your fleshly will.
- Do not: React from your flesh; only respond from your spirit…respond, not react!
- Do not: React in anger, desire to be right or first, render judgment or indulge in lusty gratification. Do not deliver a battle of words or dominate with your fleshly will.
- Do EXERT your spirit, the “real you”…on purpose see Jesus, your earthly model, nodding to you and reaching His hand out to you; join hands with Him. Feel His overwhelming presence; feel His righteousness and purity in you kill your fleshly will.
Say to yourself, ”The ‘real me,” my spirit, says NO to my flesh!”
Say to the Holy Spirit…”I choose to be in my spirit, Holy Spirit what do I say or do now?”
- Perceive and feel your spirit witness the Holy Spirit’s presence and voice. He will tell you what to say or do. Be willing to obey and say, “Not my will, but Yours be done.”
- You are going to feel resistance…EXERT your submitted spirit will over your fleshly will…snap your fingers and say again, “Not my will, but Yours be done,” over and over as necessary until your spirit rules and your flesh is subdued completely.
- Obediently follow through with what you are to do or say. Rejoice in the deep pleasure that obedience brings. You have just made an impossible scenario crumble! If and when you fail…just keep starting over and do it right the next time. Expect to share on the ups and downs of learning to better exert your spirit.
- Exert the “real you,” to observe others, believers and unbelievers, by the Spirit and not
by their flesh, II Corinthians 5:16. After a week answer: Was it hard___ or easy___?
Write your insights below.
- Reading the Word of God from this time forward is not ever going to be the same! Get
ready for new and deeper illuminations! You are reading the Word of God, aren’t you?
- Observe and see the “real in-Christ you” by looking into the Word of God. Make goal for yourself as you read through the New Testament, to mark each verse about your identity, endowment, favor, privileges and exploits as a regenerated spirit man, the “real you. Write proclamations like this and others in the margins of your Bible, “This is me!”